Wednesday 2 June 2010

Geek Girls Unite Award

Heather gave me another blog forward-chain-award thing. This time it was a Geek Girls Unite Award which she won and then awarded to three people including... The Chris from Always Standing, who plays WOW, among other geeky things... Heather is proud of her geek status, myself not as much so. Mind you, while I hate e-mail forwards, the blog ones are pretty cool, so I'm going to try to befriend my geeky side at the moment.


So Here I Am!
Geek Girls Unite
List ten geeky facts about yourself
Pass this award onto your favorite female geeks

Ten geeky facts about me...
1. WoW - I play World of Warcraft. Come on, world's most-subscribed MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game) people! I think it is awesome and so much fun, but definitely geeky.
2. Settlers - I love all games, especially card and boardgames. My favorite being Settlers Of Catan, which is a strategy game similar to Risk. It is a bit complex and very geeky, always hard to find people who will play with me.
3. Trivia - I love trivia, both in question or random fact form. Useless facts are super interesting and fun for me, which I guess is geeky. I also really enjoy Jeopardy.
4. Engineering - While I didn't stay in it, I did start my university career in Mechanical Engineering so I enjoy and have a basic understanding of advanced math and science.
5. Reading - I have always loved to read. I learnt at a very young age and have been reading ever since. This is what lead to English after Engineering fell through. I carry a book in my purse at all time.
6. XCKD - I enjoy a few online comics, my favourite being xkcd. I also regularly read Penny Arcade and Ctrl+Alt+Del.
7. Glasses - I wear glasses. I own contacts but rarely wear them, only putting them in once or twice a month for special occasions.
8. Museums - I absolutely love museums, of any variety. I can stay in a museum from open to close, the only thing slowing me down would be sore feet. I love to read everything in every display. I like to learn.
9. Russia - I have a thing for Russia and will be going on a big trip to visit it. Seeing Russia has been a dream of mine for more than 15 years. This might not be a geeky thing but it is strange.
10. Blog - I blog. Lastly, I figure that blogging is pretty geeky and I have been writing Always Standing for years now, posting regularly.

Pass this award onto your favorite female geeks...
Bloggers
1. Steph writer of The Great Abyss
--Engineer who has way to many personal Excel sheets
2. Anne writer of Four Litre Chocolate Milk
--Geographer who can rock The 80's look
3. Erin writer of Always A Mess
--Neopets Addict who has a thing for Anime
Honourable Mentions
1. Teri
--Who I'm sure does math for fun
2. ERin
--Who is both a geographer and Trekkie
3. JennD
--Who is big into the video games

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Omg I have a tag!!

I completely forgot I gave you one before! hahaha. YAY GEEKS! I think you SHOULD be proud. It makes you interesting!

Unknown said...

Thanks Chris, I'm honoured!! Other things that make me a geek:
- I love museums...as you know
- Enjoy random trivia and Jeopardy
- I have glasses
- I like Settlers (although have only played twice)