Saturday 27 October 2018

Super Mario Party

It is here!! The new Mario Party!! When we lived together, Kristen and I played A LOT of Mario Party 8 for The Wii. It was so much fun, we beat everything, unlocked everything, and loved it. A few years later when the next one came out (Mario Party 9) we rushed to get it - but it was terrible! Such a horrible disappointment, they changed how the game worked, the mini games within it weren't good, we played it only a couple of times.

Mario Party 10 came after that but it was for Wii U which wasn't a system we had. Everyone had the original Wii though, at one point we had two of them! The latest Nintendo system is the Switch, which Jason got a while ago to play Zelda (I think) since it had good reviews. I have been patiently waiting for a Mario Party to get released for this new console. Even though I think the price tag of $80 is insanely high, I had such high hopes that it would be good like the first one I played.

Jason surprised me by ordering the extra controllers we needed with overnight shipping, so we were prepared when Kristen and Noah came to test it out. I can happy report that is it awesome!! The main section returns to the style of play seen in version 8, the mini games are hilarious, and there are extra things that are super fun on their own. I can't wait to unlock everything!

No comments: