Tuesday 15 January 2013

Changing My Thoughts

It worked! It worked! I am thinking in stories again! Playing with words in my head! I didn't really know what I was doing when I decided on it, but forcing myself to do a blog post everyday has moved my mind back a little bit more towards that writer in me that sometimes gets lost. And, I am reading more, so much so that I am missing Subway stops because of it (more on this later - I plan to write about it.) It really is a practice thing, the more you do it, the more you think about it, the easier it gets. I don't have any notions that this will improve the quality of my writing but I am just so happy that it is improving the ease at which I do it. I think about descriptions now, try to adjust well known plots and twist them into something new, I spend more time in my head imagining other worlds. I love it. It is a change that makes me very happy.

No comments: