Thursday 5 May 2011

Hittin' And Some Kittens

Looking for something to like about Stephen Harper? He likes cats! I have known this for a while since they always show him with cats and kittens. Note the following photos:What always bothered me was that it didn't seem to be a consistent cat. Are these just photo-op cats? In fact it is much better than that, according to the official Prime Minister of Canada - Stephen Harper website:
The Harpers are proud to support and participate in the Ottawa Humane Society’s Foster Program, which provides temporary homes for pets in the community who are not yet ready for adoption. The program fosters out animals with mild health or behaviour issues who need individual care and nurturing to help them recover before they are adopted by new, loving foster families. Laureen and Stephen have been foster parents to many cats during the past year. At any given time, the Harpers have provided foster care to numerous cats at their Ottawa home.
However, Harper's love of cats and support of the Humane Society may not be enough to compensate for his policies, legislation, and budget choices. Especially after reading the information on the site Shit Harper Did, which is full of - true - things that are not so great about his leadership and politics. Pissed off? Well, you can 'Smack Him' on this site - Smack Stephen Harper, which is oddly cathodic. However, I find it sad that they choose to use a kitty picture. I like that he likes cats.

1 comment:

Ottawa photo booth rental said...

Hi! I know this is kind of off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could find a captcha plugin for my comment form? I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having problems finding one? Thanks a lot! Ottawa photo booth rental