Monday 14 February 2011

Have Car - Will Drive - Episode Six

A VERY SPECIAL VALENTINE'S DAY EPISODE

The one with the snow bank...

I am down at the cottage again, checking it out for my parents, watering the plants, etc. I haven't been down in a while and there has been a lot of snow. It is now rather warm and everything is melting a little; the result is thigh deep wet packing snow.

I have gotten used to driving into the small parking spot behind Rrunuv Bayit, which sometimes takes a bit of effort. The driveway looked pretty covered, about a foot or so of snow and a two foot bank from the plow across the end. I got out and walked around to assess the situation. For some reason, since it was packing snow and as soon as you step on it everything sinks down, I thought that I could simply drive the car in and the snow would just pack down as it drove. This is not the case - not with a 1997 Toyota Corrola at least.

Needless to say, I got royally stuck in the snow bank. So stuck in fact that I had gummed up the whole bottom of the car with packing snow. The wheels weren't even turning - not as in they were spinning and the car wasn't moving - the car's wheels did not even move, I had blocked everything up so much with snow! I then spent the next two hours digging out the car from the front and sides. Still couldn't get it out! I decided to call a tow truck and someone came and very nicely pulled me out for $40. I drove the car around a bit and it is fine. I too am fine, except that I feel like an idiot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you try to ram through the snow Chris? Were you telling yourself that you were "110 per cent sure" that it would work? Snow always wins, especially when wet.

Love, T