Wednesday 3 February 2010

New Social Convention

Society has a huge pile of social conventions, little rules that we live by so things are easier. They aren't laws and they aren't talked about very often, however they are important. Things like you stand on the right-hand side of the escalator and walk up the left. When in a busy hallway, walk on the right. Let those who are coming out the elevator, subway, or bus out first before getting in. Now I would like to suggest another one, which actually seems counter-intuitive seeing the last one I just listed. The is mainly for Canada, and especially for the winter but I believe that when meeting at a door the person who is outside trying to get in should be universally allowed to first, from the cold into the warm. I hope that catches on.

1 comment:

Sarah Culley said...

Good idea, I am in! Cold to warm definitely beats warm to cold :)