Thursday 27 November 2008

D-E-F-I-N-I-T-E-L-Y

The correct spelling is definitely.
Not definately.
Not definatly.
Not definantly.
Not definetly.
Not definently.
And certainly not defiantly.
The correct spelling is definitely.
-From http://www.d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y.com/ (Buy the mug)

Obviously I don't know the right spelling. Jerrica pointed this site out to me, as a very good speller she found it hilarious, though admits to having difficulties with 'definitely'. Interestingly, they didn't mention my usual way of spelling it, 'defninitly'. Goes to show you that I'm always unique, even in my flaws, and again proves that my issue is usually with the vowels.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Def-ni-nit-ly? hehehe That's awesome. I used to always spell it definetly. I thought it was derived from define. But I fixed it by figuring out that it's actually from "finite." I always break words apart so that I can remember them.

Anonymous said...

You know what is surprisingly difficult to spell?....Privileged....oh I got it right...I think...I'm too lazy to look at dictionary.com right now

Teri

Unknown said...

I, like Jerrica, find this amusing. :)

Anonymous said...

The link is not working at the moment for me but when it is I will deaphanitlee check it out.
A.

Anonymous said...

I used to always spell it "definately" because I'd emphasize each and every syllable and end up distorting the second "i".

-A.