Friday 27 June 2008

Rat or Mouse?

The issue discussed in the previous post escalated the second day. The co-worker was very condescending and made a comment to me that was actually mean and hurtful. I gathered myself and after informing my own boss of the incident I decided to bring it up with the co-workers boss. For the most part I was supported in this, it is the mature, professional, and decent thing to do. Part of me felt like a rat going behind their back and tattling. Also what good would it do? It could lead to more pain and mistreatment further down the line too. I also felt meek and pathetic, running to a superior I felt comfortable with instead of handling the issue with my peer. For someone who prides myself in good conflict resolution, I shirked away from this challenge. Going to their boss was very difficult, I was nervous and uncomfortable. It went really well though. I feel relived and happy to have done something about it.

No comments: