Thursday 13 March 2008

On Another Musical Note

I got a call at work today from Jerrica. We are going to see the Foo Fighters in concert at Scotabank Place here in Ottawa next week. We have had tickets for the concert for months now. The on going joke has been that I'm so musically inept that I have no idea who they are or what they sing. This is unfortunately true. They, like many musicians, play songs that I know and love but can't, on command, name. Jerrica has played me a few and I always say "Oh, they do this, I know this song, awesome!" Well the phone call at work was to tell me that we were actually going to meet the band. I gather Jerrica entered some kind of contest through Telus and won. So now I get to meet Foo Fighters and still have no idea who they are, I think it is time to research.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahaha! I find that twist of fate hilarious. I was even just thinking about how for a musical person you've had a lot of allusions to music on your blog the last little while but now this!.... This is the topper
Anna

Anonymous said...

**i meant not very musical person (sorry)

Unknown said...

oh my - of course you would meet them. There must be so many huge fans out there who would be so ticked off. Not me, I like you, know of them and know of their music but cannot on cue name any of them. Although when I hear their songs of the radio, I do know it is them - and have downloaded some of their really good ones.
Anyway, I hope you have fun at the concert.

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD!
I'm so jealous, you're a lucky girl! Dave Grohl was the drummer for Nirvana. He was friends with Kurt Cobain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm acting like a 12 year old, but I don't care...lol

Kristin

Unknown said...

That's awesome!! I might get into the press pit to take photos, but that's as far as I'll get.

-Heather