Thursday 29 June 2006

The Sand Angel

She was brought to The Beach by my wonderfully entertaining and artistic friend, The Goddess of Awesomeness. The Sand Angel flew across the sand in tiny pink sandals, given to her by The Giant Tiger. She rushed into my kitchen and transformed out of her sparkling denim and flowing blue traveling garb into the sweetest most delicate and small pink Sand Angel outfit. She whisked me to the waters edge. As I dined on ice cream, she ran from land to water, sand to lake. Soon I was under her spell, jumping and dancing with her in the waves. As I age the effect The Sand Angel has on me weakens, I watched in merriment as she rolled in the sand covering herself before rushing to the water to wash it off. She repeated this sacred ritual many times, but not once did I join her. Nevertheless, she brought joy to my day, joy that will stay with me for many days as I remember how she glowed right in front of me. The Sand Angel at The Beach.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely Chris, you are a WRITER!! Mum