Sunday 3 April 2016

The Scenic Route

Sunday Mornin' Coming Down - A Sunday post about my Dad, named after a song that he loved.

Heading to Ottawa yesterday, Jason suggested that we head off of the 401 and take the Thousand Islands Parkway. I asked to do this almost every time we drive between Toronto and Ottawa, and Jason never wants to! I think since his new job is a transit commute (instead of driving) trips up to Ottawa aren't as hard on him now.

It was so nice to take the slower and prettier drive, Dad would often choose to take the 40-kilometer side road because it is more interesting to be beside the water. If we had time, and remember to us time is elastic, Dad and I both always prefer the scenic route.

I also saw, and totally recognized from the building (and then later saw the name), the place where Erin and Matt got married.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always love the Parkway. Dad and I once saw a cop stopping traffic for a duck and ducklings to cross. We also A-lined at the KOA there the first time we took it out. Good memories of the Thousand Island Parkway for me.
Mum