Sunday 18 May 2014

Can You Really Tell?

Sunday Mornin' Coming Down - A post about my Dad each Sunday, named after a song that he loved.

My dad didn't have coffee very often, it didn't really agree with him. I also don't drink a lot of coffee, it makes my hands shaky, gives me stomach pain, and speeds up my heart rate uncomfortably. I have stolen my dad's line that "It makes me chatty." Which people find hilarious because I, and my dad, are naturally chatty. But on coffee it is worse.

However, sometimes my dad would have coffee as a treat at the cottage and he would also add some type of liquor. So, we always had great liquors around for this reason. One of his favourites was Amaretto, that most people would recognize by the brand name Disaronno and its pretty bottle. However, I think that Dad would just buy the cheaper brands, or even cheaper ones during trips, and then just pour it in the same nice Disaronno bottle. Sneaky? Smart? Cheap? Creative? I love it.

No comments: