Tuesday 12 July 2011

Horses & Dogs

Yesterday, Teri, her boyfriend, and I spent a very full day at the Calgary Stampede. We went from show to event all day, most of which were horse or dog related. However, we did watch a bit of a concert and saw a guy get shot from a cannon as well. I could spend another whole day, or more, looking at farm animals and watching dogs and horses though. I love a well trained animal!

Watching some of the cowboys and girls do dressage moves as part of the Cowboy Up competition was amazing. I understand a bit of the intricacies of dressage and I appreciate how difficult it is. I'm used to it being much more of a British thing and it was strange to see it done by those riding Western.

It reminded me of this video clip; I looked back and it appears like I have never posted it on Always Standing, which is strange. This horse is awesome!

No comments: