Monday 11 July 2011

Texts From Last Night

Ok, in truth they are not from last night but actually a few nights ago. However, Stampede is crazy and I have been super busy. I'm having a great time with Ter and her friends, Little Brother Mike came to hang for a day, and Anne is being an awesome host as always (why won't she move back to Ontario, she is missed!)

The following is a direct transcript, unless otherwise noted, from a text conversation between Teri and myself. Times are approximate.

5:00
Teri: We are going to dinner at like 5:30 or 6
Me: Cool, le me know where and what to wear and I'll meet you there.

5:20
Ter and I have a phone conversation in which I determine that instead of meeting her and her friends downtown I will stay at Anne's and do some work. I was still hoping to possibly meet up with them afterwards for drinks. We also arranged to meet up the next morning to go to a Stampede breakfast at 9.

7:45
Me: Thinking of heading to Wildhorse Saloon, party tent, tonight.
Me: Where are you guys going?
Teri: Where is it? With who?
Teri: No idea. Wqho r u going with?
Me: Corner of 4th St. and 6th Ave SW
Me: Beth* (Anne's roommate, partied with her last year) and her friends.
Teri: Apparently therte is already a huge line and 20 cover. Ben* is informing us$
*Names have been changed
Me: Yup sounds right. We will probably be in line for a couple of hours (have roadies/linies).
Teri: Haha
Teri: Ok have fun, thought u didn't want to go out tonight?
Me: I just finished my work for tonight. I promised myself I would go out if I finished before 8.
Me: Also Beth* and her friend have been plying me with Jello shots and mageritas!
Teri: Haha fair enough
Me: I tried to resist! (And I did hold off enough to work.)

9:10
Me: Where are you guys?
Teri: We arte just finishing dinner at earls. Going out on 17th somewhere

9:30
Me: Already a litle buzzed....
Me: Where are you? Come visit me in line!!
Teri: Haha, I can tell. We are at connies* place now. Going out soon
*Name has been changed, however in the original text Teri did use all lowercase and no apostrophe

10:05
Teri: What's the line like?
Me: So drycj

10:25
Teri: What is the line like?
Me: Edsioooooooo dsruxk&nnnnnn
Teri: So the line is good?

10:40
Me: Haja no ir was a liong time, in noe SRUNK!
Teri: Oh wow lol
Me: Hahas xcould u not understand thad? Me neither!n
Teri: Lol u are hilarious

11:00
Me: U sjhould be here there ius straw dsrtuck in myu keybord, FUCK!!!
Note: I meant pieces of straw, like hay, it was Stampede after all and I was at a tent party called Wildhorse Saloon.
Teri: Haha still not really following. A straw stuck in keyboard?
Me: Yup

11:30
Me: Now straw stuclk SO many places, wow drunck... See you in the morn, bring my makeup case.
Note: I had brushed my teeth at the airport and afterwards packed my makeup bag in Teri's suitcase. We had split up since we were staying at different people's houses but I had forgotten to get it from her.

12:05
Teri: See u at 9
Me: By nine do you mean 10:30?
Teri: Uh no. It stops at 11 am
Teri: We are going at 9 ish or 930 latest

12:20
Teri: Are you coming?
Me: Hell yes, see you at 10:30, then we'll figure pub crawl plans - soberingf up, kinda.

**

I would like to say that despite my apparent confusion, I did show up to breakfast on time. Sadly, Teri was not the only person to have to deal with the repercussions of me having a cell when I'm drinking... I called my brother from the line up at because I had met a guy who knew a high school friend of his. I also called my parents, twice. I had forgotten about the time difference which puts them 2 hours later than Calgary, so called them at 1:30 and 2:45, their time. The drinking didn't stop here though, as the final text says, we went on a pub crawl the next day, but that is a story for another time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Someone should take your phone away at a certain point. But very funny. Late night calls not so funny but the texting is funny!
Mum