Sunday 7 November 2010

I Only Got 13

From a Facebook Notes thing:
Don't take too long to think about it. Fifteen authors who've influenced you and that will always stick with you. List the first fifteen you can recall in no more than fifteen minutes.

1 - Shakespeare
Umm, obviously!
2 - A.A.Milne
For his poetry not for Pooh.
3 - Marian Keyes
Chick Lit with depth.
4 - Aaron Sorkin
Best screen writer of all time.
5 - Jonathan Safron Foer
I have read two, they do stick with you.
6 - C.S.Lewis
Read over and over in my childhood.
7 - Italo Calvino
If On A Winter's Night A Traveller blew my mind.
8 - Audrey & Don Wood
Children's author and illustrator.
9 - A.E.Maxwell
Fun series.
10-Aldous Huxley
Even beyond Brave New World he is awesome.
11-Douglas Coupland
He writes my world.
12-Robert Fulgman
Better than Chicken Soup for the Soul.
13-William Gibson
Cyber-punk is an awesome genre.


Is it bad that I didn't come up with 15 and I'm an English Major? I never remember authors.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My A.D.D. doesn't allow me to remember author's names.

Who are you again? ;)

I do enjoy that Shopaholic chick. Sophie Kinsella I think her name is. And Jilly Cooper (british smut and horsies, what better?) And for the life of me I cannot remember any brainy books in English.