Sunday 1 August 2010

LIVE UPDATE - # 9

Yen just left. I was very said to see him go as we had really gotten into a good groove and he was an amazing travel companion. (For me at least, I think he may be glad to be rid of me, my carefree ways, and endless questions.) We stayed last night in the hotel that is my meeting spot and hotel for the Gap Adventures tour. This means that in about an hour I go downstairs from this room on the 7th floor, check out and then check back into another room on the 4th floor. According to the list that the front desk showed me last night, Gap has already paired me with a roommate, who appears to be British. She may or may not check into the room this afternoon as well. Everyone on the tour is to meet in the hotel lobby at 6pm, which is in about 5 hours, for a group meeting. I'm a little nervous but not as much as I thought I would be. The information sheet from Gap, that I got at reception, detailing the activities for the next four days, has calmed me somehow. Basically, I'm going to chill in the new room, maybe the roommate will show up and we can chat, if not than I have many days in my journal to write about and could do a couple more blog posts. The sad thing is that this down time comes at the worst possible time to call anyone in Canada, basically Midnight to 6am for people in Ontario. Hope everyone is sleeping well!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

6am in Ontario is 11am in England! And I'm up from about 8am, so you should call ME!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the call the other night luv! I was at the doggie park with Winston (he was getting his ass whooped by a bermese mountain dog named... what else... Heidi lol), but what a nice surprise to come home too. I've saved the message for when Noah gets back from Sudbury next week-end.

And not to worry... your roomie will love you. How could she not? xo

Julia