Friday 30 July 2010

Girls Night Recipe - Butternut Squash Soup

While Erin in Alberta my prefer to bake, she is actually a pretty healthy person. (In terms of fitness I dare say she can't be topped; baseball, running, boot camp, the girl is incredible and helped me train for my first 5k -- but I digress.) She also cooks healthy things and suggested this recipe to me. It sounds delicious, I love squash it is one of my favorite vegetables!

Butternut Squash Soup
(Actually Healthy and Delicious!)
From ERin

3 cups of chopped potatoes
3 cups of chopped butternut squash
2 tbsp of butter
4 cups chicken broth
1 cup of shredded spinach
1 cup of chopped onion
2 tbsp cider vinegar

In a pot, sauté butter, onions until soft
Add potato, squash, and chicken broth- boil until vegetables are soft (1/2 an hour)
Mash
Add spinach, cider and salt and pepper.
Serve

No comments: