Friday 26 February 2010

Buenos Dias – Good Day

There hasn’t really been a typical day for my trip, since I have done so many different things that the days are fairly different. This is just a description of what I did Tuesday February 23rd, to give you an idea how my vacation is going.

My mom and I walked down to the car, which we have to leave in the public car park since the town’s streets are so narrow it is barely possible to drive them, let alone park a car on them. She showed me a shortcut down a long flight of stairs, which was much quicker than the usual walk past the church and through the town square. We drove up to the town square to meet my dad, who had a backpack and overnight bag, the square is a closer easier walk. Unsure of how long the drive to Granada was going to take, we were bringing an overnight bag in case we decided to stay over instead of driving home late. We drove down the windy road from the town to the main highway at the coast. Windy actually does not describe the constant curving of this thin mountain road, it is at times terrifying. Once down to the highway we decide to drive along the coast looking out over cliffs to the sea, little beaches, tiny white towns, and Moorish towers every few kilometres. Eventually we have to turn away from the water and head up through the mountains to Granada, it is a main highway so not scary like the road into our town. However, at least 25% of it is huge bridges over valleys, lakes, or gorges. We make it to Granda and head to Alhambra.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds beautiful! I still want to see a video of the driving. hehehe.