Thursday 25 February 2010

Buenas Mañana – Good Morning

There hasn’t really been a typical day for my trip, since I have done so many different things that the days are fairly different. This is just a description of what I did Tuesday February 23rd, to give you an idea how my vacation is going.

My parents woke me up fairly early. They then went out to get croissant from the bakery and told me they were going to be getting chocolate ones today, I didn’t feel like that for breakfast so asked that they just bring me back a normal one. After getting dressed, I went into the kitchen (which is also the dining room, living room, and place that I had been sleeping last week when my grandparents were still here.) I used 3 big local oranges to make two little glasses of fresh squeezed juice for my dad and I, set the table with dishes and pulled out the usual breakfast stuff; cereal, milk, yogurt, bananas, butter for the croissants even though they don’t really need it. I was going to start the kettle and little pot of milk on the stove for my mom’s “cafe con leche” and my hot chocolate but it is a gas stove that you need to use matches with and I never really learned how to use it. After breakfast, I washed the dishes in the sink, a single sink which I hate and after Glen have vowed never to live in a place that didn’t have a double. My parents hung a load of laundry out on the terrace since it was a sunny day. No one has dryers, all the balconies, terraces, and even windows have clothes lines. The terrace at the apartment is the same size as the kitchen/dining/living room. It has views across town, through the hills and, on a clear day, all the way to the Mediterranean Sea.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

That sounds so wonderful!!!