Tuesday 27 October 2009

I Burnt My Face

Ok, this is strange and it took me a while to figure out how I did it. I'm on a new skin care washing regime. This includes face cleanser at night then toner and moisturizer morning and night. This morning before work I brushed my teeth, threw some water on my face, and did the toner. Then I bummed around the apartment doing little things, putting away dishes, packing my purse, washing the counters, getting dressed, etc.. Then I sat down on my bed to put on the moisturizer. My face started to feel weird and tight, which is strange because the moisturizer is really nice and normally makes my face feel great. Anyway, I'm really thankful I had decided to put on make-up today or else I would have just left the house at that point without looking in a mirror. (I seriously look in a mirror maybe once or twice a day, I don't even really have one in my room, I'm just not a mirror person.) So, I get into the bathroom and my face is bright red and puffy, not my forehead but my cheeks, nose, chin, and around my mouth. Bright red! I touched it and it was sore. It looked like a really bad sun burn. Anyway, I pile on the make-up, but you can actually see the redness through my high quality, high pigment, mineral foundation, I'm having to layer the stuff on. Anyway, I can't figure out how I did it until I go to wash my hands. Then I realise that it is the first time I have washed my hands since brushing my teeth, and I wiped the counter with a cloth and bare hands. Using a lot of lysol. Then when I did the moisturizer I must have got lysol all over my face. I guess my hands can handle the lysol, but my face can't. Yea, and it is still sore.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yikes! be careful.
A.

Anonymous said...

I know that you like to use a cleanser but really Lysol is going a bit far!
Hope it feels better soon.
Mum

Erin said...

I will keep in mind not to work Lysol into my personal maintenance routine. Did you know Lysol used to be a douche in the 1920's? Imagine how those women must have felt.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!