Wednesday 4 March 2009

B+/A-

"This essay is right on the line. It took a couple of pages for you to catch your stride (and the conclusion needs work) but the case of this essay is very strong - insightful, well-written and closely engaged with the poem in a way that really strengthens your analysis. Good work!"

This is the mark and comments that I got on my last essay. Sometimes you can't fool professors. I got a B+ on my first essay for this class. Then the next one I got an A-. This one wasn't as good as that last one and I don't really remember the first one but I guess it is a little bit better. I can't believe it is going to sit on the edge. At the same time I'm glad I didn't get another B+ since I'm trying to improve and the way this class works is that we write 4 essays and throw away the worst mark. I want that first essay to be my worst mark. Still, it is such a strange mark, it has a slash in it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

But does that mean you got a B+ or an A-?

Btw, awesome that this is going to notify you.