Thursday 5 March 2009

A New Way Of Blogging

My parents and Anna have just come back from fairly long trips abroad (to France and the Philippines respectively.) While they were gone I wrote tons of blog posts, many of which have been bumped off the main page. How I normally check for new comments is to visit the site often. At least five times a day I go to my blog and scroll through the main page looking for new comments, I have in the back of my mind memory of how many comments are with each post and can recognize when one more is added. I rarely go back and look at comments or posts past the first page. This isn't very good because I sometimes miss comments. For instance, from my aunt, who has a tendency of reading a months worth of my blog at once, opposed to checking it daily or weekly. Also, sometimes my blog is a victim of spam and I get strange comments on old posts that contain links to very suspect websites. I have decided to turn on Comment Notification. Now I get an e-mail that tells me who commented, on which post, and what they said. It means I won't miss any, but it makes me feel a little disconnected from my blog now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

seems much more efficient.
A.

Anonymous said...

Change is always hard.
Mum

Unknown said...

Welcome to the dark side.

Unknown said...

I also check my blog on a regular basis but since no one ever comments there to speak of, I don't miss anything...