Tuesday 27 January 2009

Politics Geek?

I have started to be a lot more interested in politics than I ever was before. As long as I have been legally able to, I have always voted, and I have always voted responsibly by doing a decent enough job researching candidates and issues to feel confident in my choice. I have followed some elections, and I enjoy the political comedy shows. Today, at work, I joined my colleagues to watch the budget speech by the Minister of Finance. Admittedly I was being paid to watch TV, so would have done it no matter what was on there, but I was actually really excited to hear about the budget. I'm reserving judgement on it for a couple more days, until I hear and read more about it. Still, Happy Budget Day everyone!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll have to look up his new shoes.

Unknown said...

Aha, there we go: http://www.nationalpost.com/news/story.html?id=1219290

They were expensive AND ugly. Like the Conservative budget?

Anonymous said...

I was just talking to somebody today about becoming more interested / educated about politics!

Teri