Saturday 19 July 2008

Smirnoff Ad

I noticed a strange new advertisement in the market. It was huge and projected on the blank side of a stone building. I can't really remember which specific vodka product it was for, but I do know the brand was Smirnoff. Not only was the projection idea cool but the text was really good. It switched between two; "Smirnoff and Citrus, Friends With Benefits" and "Kissed by Citrus, Spanked by Smirnoff". I love the later. My thought is that perhaps because of the product and message, the projection is turned off during the day when the Bywood area is mainly a farmers market, family tourist location, upscale dinning and boutique shopping district but turned on at night when people come to the bars, pubs, and clubs to drink and enjoy the night life.

No comments: