Tuesday 6 May 2008

Flower Service

As a thank you for some travel and form help I had given her, a co-worker brought me a bouquet of flowers in a vase last week. Flowering sticks from some sort of shrub as well as a bunch of daffodils and tulips, all from her garden. Because of my disdain for tulips (see previous post) I kept the flowers on the bookshelf across the cubical from my desk. This let me admire them from a far, and allowed other people in the office a chance to see them. She then brought me a pretty little bunch of primroses in a small vase today. I found out that if I returned the vases to her, she told me that she would take them home and keep bringing them back filled with flowers from her garden. I think it is the greatest deal ever and means I may have bunches of fresh cut flowers in my office all summer.

3 comments:

Me said...

cute!

Unknown said...

That is so nice of her - you should take pictures of each collection...that is what I would do (though that is a little obvious).

Anonymous said...

So nice of her and I love bringing the outside in, especially as offices are usually pretty bland and boring.
Mum