Friday 15 February 2008

A Wordsmith

There was a young girl, looked after the drink.
Put it outside, to keep it "in the pink"
In a cardboard tote
"Don't touch" said the note
Who knew, the bomb squad would make such a stink!
-By C. Sweeton

Now this is not me, my mom's first name also starts with a 'C' and it is her poem to me. She is definitely where I get my writing skills from, but poetry is not her strong suit. I don't even know what she is referring to when she says 'in the pink' and it might just be used to rhyme with ‘drink,’ besides that though this poem is much better than her last attempt. I shouldn’t judge, I’m not good writing poetry either. I do know that writing poetry takes a long time, and I'm thankful and happy that she made the effort for me on Valentines Day, as it was sent to me yesterday. I love you Mom!! The poem is in reference to an incident at work that happened to me earlier this week. I don't want to get into details, but basically I put some drinks in a box outside to keep them cold, the bomb squad was called, and I got into more than a little bit of trouble. Not my finest moment, I'm still a little embarrassed about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"in the pink", is an expression that, I believe, just means in good health. It was a bit of a stretch and I was looking primarilly for the rhyme but thanks for "posting" me - with my lack of poetry skills it was one of my better attempts. Hope it bought a chuckle as intended.
Love Mum