Monday 18 February 2008

Family Day

Today is Family Day, which is a strange new holiday. It isn't recognized as a Federal Holiday, though the NDP wants it to be, another reason to love Jack Layton. I'm working, as is everyone in the Federal Government. The Agency I'm hired through is provincial, so I'm getting time-and-a-half today. Happy Family Day To Me!! Alberta has been celebrating it for over 25 years, for a long time they were the only province to have a holiday in February, then Saskatchewan joined them, followed closely by Manitoba and Ontario. Mind you in Manitoba it is called Louis Riel Day, which is way cooler.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get back to work! haha I have reading week but I'm literally reading (well doing work). Talk to you soon!

Teri

Unknown said...

I am playing WoW on Family Day - and cleaning my room and perhaps I will call my family today too - haha!
At least you got time and a half for working today - that must make it easier to work today.