Wednesday 15 April 2020

Trivia Moves Online

I had been going to Oakville on Tuesdays pretty regularly over the past few years to play Pub Trivia with Teri and some friends. They had been playing together for a while, under the name Village Idiots, so I joined their team. We did well, and we did very well when I convinced Jason to come along too. We actually placed a couple of times - winning a giftcard to spend at the pub. The people where fun, the questions were the perfect difficulty, and the food was really good (for a pub.) About a year ago the game moved from the pub in the plaza around the corner from Teri's house, which we could walk to, to a pub in another plaza that we had to drive to from Teri's place. It still was worth the extra bit of driving because everything was the same at the new place, and the food was just as good.

Village Idiots, Playing Online Pub Trivia Together
April 14, 2020

Covid has closed the pub (though I think they are doing take-out and delivery) so the trivia hasn't been running. I ended up planning to my Virtual Trivia Nights on Tuesdays in honour of the Oakville one. Well, the guy who runs the one at the pub has decided to try to broadcast it online. I moved the one that I host to Wednesday and last night got to actually play for the first time in a couple of months. We set up a Zoom call with the Village Idiots team members on one of Jason's monitors and had the Facebook Live broadcast of the trivia on the other. We think we got third or fourth - the switch to virtual meant some confusion with scoring and communication.

No comments: