Wednesday 2 March 2016

New Blood Campaign

I have been a long time advocate of blood and organ donation. Ever since I have had a driver's license I have been a registered organ donor. However, it took me a bit longer to donate blood. My first trip to Canadian Blood Services was with JennB in 2010, and I am ever grateful to her for dragging my 25-year-old scared little self to the clinic and kick starting the next 6 years of fairly regular visits.

Since I travel, and get low iron, and got a tattoo, there have been quiet a few visit where I have been ineligible to donate - but I still go, mainly because it seems easier to go and get rejected so that they stop calling me. Having O- blood makes me highly desirable, in the eyes of Canadian Blood Services at least.

I don't have time to type up a convincing "you should go donate" post at the moment but you should! Also, there is a new app for your cell phones that makes finding clinics and booking appointments super easy and convenient - I love it! They also have new branded band-aids for afterwards, check out the photo of my arm from my donation last week!

3 comments:

Cyndy said...

You tell them you were in South America?

Christine Sweeton said...

Yes. There was a map of Peru and I had to point to the places I went to, I didn't go into the "yellow" risk area so was cleared to donate.

Cyndy said...

That's good!