Monday, 1 February 2016

Would You Rather - Sick Edition

Which would you rather have this winter?

FLU - Two weeks, very ill, throat pain, vomiting, achy, fever, 5-6 days off work - My boss had this and is still recovering, it sounds awful. I am very glad to have gotten my flu shot, but that only protects from some of the flu viruses out there.

COLD - Three weeks, quite sick, sore throat, running nose, headache, fever, 1-2 days off work - I am home from work today dealing with a bad cold. It has been coming and going over the last week or so. Some days are better than others but days with a lot of sinus pressure are killer.

COUGH - Three months, not well, dry/scratchy throat, sore muscles and joints, constant coughing, very tired, no days off work - Steph gets this every year. It starts with a couple of really sick days and then just hangs around as a cough/cold for the rest of the winter. I don't know how she deals with it, it would wear me down so much.

Leave your 'choice' in the comments.

5 comments:

Christine Sweeton said...

Obviously I don't want any of these three and take both multivitamins and the flu shot to try to avoid getting sick. However, I hate throwing up so much that the flu is absolute the worst and I don't think that I could handle the soreness that comes with having a longstanding cough. So I guess I am 'lucky' to be dealing with the cold. Especially since Kristen shared the wonder that is Advil Cold and Sinus, which isn't a cure but does make the pain manageable.

Anonymous said...

I am boycotting making a choice about this because I think by doing so I am tempting to universe to prove me wrong! lol
Hope you feel better :)
Love T

Sweeton said...

So sorry you have either, or any, I refuse to choose (same theory as T and wont tempt fate).
Mum

Anonymous said...

I will choose. I'd go with the cold since it is a shorter time period than the cough but less painful than the flu. There's nothing I have more than being nauseous!

Fingers crossed I don't get any this winter. So far so good...

- Teri

Meg said...

Between the 6 of us we have had all three with each of us having at least two of the above. This translates into Mark and I taking 4 days off work each on days that we are not I'll and working through our worst days? I can't wait for this weird winter to end.