Sunday 24 January 2016

Wedding Work

Sunday Mornin' Coming Down - A post about my Dad each Sunday, named after a song that he loved.

This evening I need to spend some time setting up the website about Jason and my wedding, as well as, sort out the wording for our (email) invitations. We hope to get these sent out during the first week of February so that doesn't really leave us a lot of time. I thought today I would post a photo of Dad (with Mom) at Mike's wedding:

Mom And Dad
Micheal And Aimee's Wedding - July 2012
Photo of a photo

I love the expression on Mom's face. They were both so happy and proud. And how could we not be? Aimee is amazing, we are all so lucky to have had her join our family.

As for my upcoming wedding, it will be difficult to go through such a big milestone without Dad there. My current coping strategy for that is to just not think about it, and wedding planning is so overwhelming that it has been pretty easy to not focus on that aspect. I will need to spend some time reflecting and feeling and dealing with the fact that my father won't be at my wedding, because all that emotion shouldn't be ignored until the day of.

Back to the photo, my mom's hands also look so good here! Is she clapping? Also, that is totally Jeska who is slightly out of focus behind them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

beautiful pic of your parents!
Love t