Friday 22 January 2016

Closer To 3 But Still Sad


The above image (from Facebook) is amusing, in a sad way. If you're Canadian, than you know that our dollar is doing very poorly in comparison to the American. It isn't actually at 25 cents, current exchange rates are closer to 70. However, has been declining for a while now, check out the chart for the last 5 years:
This has really hit me hard when it comes to travel. Teri and my road trip this past summer ended up costing much more anticipated, mainly because the dollar had fallen significantly from when we starting looking and booking things. The same thing happened with Jason and I in Chicago. I love to travel and I really like visiting places in The States, but I don't know how much longer I will be able to do so in an affordable fashion.

No comments: