Thursday 21 May 2015

Two Ingredients Too Sweet

Today there was a Bake Sale at work, to raise money towards the Forrec Ride for Heart team. I don't really like cooking, and baking is so much worse. However, I thought I would put together something easy and help out. I made Rice Crispy Squares since they are my favorite quick treat. But I had also found an easy Oreo Dessert on Buzzfeed that I thought I would try, "Two ingredients, 20 minutes" seemed doable for me. Here is how to make it:

White Chocolate Oreo Bark

1. Put 15 Oreos in a large ziplock bag and crush/break them all up. I used a meat tenderizer and it was pretty fun. (I also bought 'fake' no name Oreos too.)

2. Put a bag of white chocolate chips in a bowl. (Don't go cheap on these, get a good bag of chips, my bark didn't turn out well because the chocolate was fake and sickly sweet.)

3. Melt the chocolate in the microwave using 30 second increments and stirring between each one.

4. Once the chocolate is melted add in 3/4 of the crushed cookies and stir.

5. Pour the mixture into a parchment-lined pan and sprinkle the remaining crushed cookies on top.

6. Put the pan in the fridge until it hardens - about 15 minutes. Take it out, remove the parchment paper and break up the chocolate into 'bark pieces' - I used the meat tenderizer again for this part.

No comments: