Wednesday 20 May 2015

Ride For Heart

More than 66,000 Canadians die each year from heart disease and stroke; in 2013, my dad was one of them. Partly inspired by this, partly by the encouragement of my work team at Forrec, and partly from Jason's enthusiasm for the event - this year I am going to do the Ride for Heart.

Ride for Heart is Canada's largest charity cycling event in support of heart disease and stroke research, which is an amusingly specific 'largest' event. But I like big events and I am pretty excited to bike along the Don Valley Parkway (DVP) and Gardiner Expressway in Toronto, traffic-free with 14,000 other people.

The event raises money for the Heart and Stroke Foundation. Last year, they invested over $32 million in life-saving heart disease and stroke research, supporting more than 1,000 researchers across Canada. So by extension it also supports science.

I would appreciate your support, please visit my personal donation page HERE

No comments: