Sunday 12 April 2015

Snowfence Weekend

Sunday Mornin' Coming Down - A post about my Dad each Sunday, named after a song that he loved.

I missed out getting some awesome photos this weekend. Jason and I went down to The Cottage to dig snow fence out from under the sand. I had planned to take a bunch of pictures, with my cell phone, of old pictures of Dad to post here on Sundays. I also wanted to bring back my baby album to Toronto. However, it was a quick trip and I didn't get a chance to do either.

Digging out snow fence doesn't remind me of my dad, since it was something that he and mom did without me around - or something he occasionally asked Dave and Justain to help with when they visited. So working on it over the last couple of season changes isn't connected to him.

To a certain extent the garage still is connected to Dad - the garage at The Cottage really reminds me of him. (He helped my uncle build it, and it is filled with stuff that I would consider 'his' like piles of boxes and small pieces of furniture from the Sweeton side of the family.)

No comments: