Monday 2 February 2015

The Talking Cure - Post 1 of 3

I rarely send articles or things to friends over email. So, it was strange that I did so a few weeks ago with one that I found interesting about talking to toddlers, even more interesting since I am not a big kid person. I also sent it to a large, and strangely selected group of people. I was almost in a daze when I clicked though my email list and sent it to a wide range of contacts. This is the email that went out:

Morning! 

Yes, this is a bit of a weird and random email. I ran across this article on Buzzfeed - I am addicted to Long Form articles and they curate a collection of them each week, picked from various sources. 

This one is from The New Yorker: The Talking Cure - An article about the “word gap,” the disparity in words learned by poorer children compared to their wealthier counterparts. 

Love to hear your thoughts! 

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/01/12/talking-cure 

Much love, Chris

Stay tuned for the even more interesting responses (which I will keep anonymous, since those that replied did not necessarily consent to being posted on Always Standing.)

No comments: