Sunday 8 February 2015

A Purse Pet Peeve

Sunday Mornin' Coming Down - A post about my Dad each Sunday, named after a song that he loved.

My dad hated when my purse was open. If I was using a purse that didn't have a zipper he would always comment that I should get a different one that did. It wasn't about deterring theft or pick-pocketing, he was always worried something would fall out as I flung my purse around. After a few years of his warnings, and a couple incidents of accidentally dumping the contents of my purse out on the floor, I started to only buy ones with a zipper.

However, even if my purse has a zipper, I rarely would close it. So when ever were we spending time together, Dad was forever zipping my purse closed. Sometimes I wouldn't even notice he had done it, and go to grab something. Sometimes he would do it while it was under my arm.

He would not be happy about my current purses. My "Nautical Spring Purse" just has a clip closure, it was a gift. I love it though, and get constant compliments. I feel like it is a deep enough design that nothing will fall out. My "Winter Grey Purse" has a broken zipper pull and is very difficult to close because there is just a little nubit to use. I rarely close it now.

I think of him when I look down and see my open purse. He might be frowning about it - but it makes me smile.

No comments: