Sunday 31 August 2014

Smelling Like Dad

Sunday Mornin' Coming Down - A post about my Dad each Sunday, named after a song that he loved.

As I mentioned, we are at The Cottage for the long weekend. I found out yesterday that I forgot my deodorant!

I don't think I have ever mentioned this on Always Standing, but I am obsessed with deodorant/antiperspirant. I wear tons, often reapply, usually wear it to bed, and need to put it on as soon as I wake up or get out of the bath. I use Dove Ultimate Visibly Smooth Antiperspirant, Nature Fresh scent. It is supposed to work at making hair less noticeable while at the same time be a strong deodorant. I am true-to-brand and don't even like getting the other scent available. Wearing a different deodorant feels very strange.

The Cottage has two bathrooms, but since I was sleeping on the main floor I was mainly using the one that contains the shower, laundry room, cat litter, and a dresser with my dad's old toilette items. My mom keeps all of her stuff in the upstairs bathroom that is beside the master bedroom and has the bathtub. Feeling lazy the first day I decided to search around in the main floor bathroom for any women's deodorant. There wasn't any.

I was still feeling lazy so decided to use the men's stick I had found. It was by Adidas, called Pure Game, which I think was supposed to be the scent or maybe the type. I put it on and it instantly smelt like my dad! I can't imagine him being a true-to-brand person, since he would probably buy something like deodorant by price. I also remember him using Speed Stick when I was younger - it was kept in the bathroom medicine cabinet above our toothbrushes. Maybe he always was drawn to a consistent scent or maybe my scent memory of him is connected to recent events when he was using this Adidas stick, but it was lovely to be reminded of him through smell. I miss him so much - everything about him.

No comments: