Sunday 8 June 2014

Not Used To Toronto Prices

Sunday Mornin' Coming Down - A post about my Dad each Sunday, named after a song that he loved.

I am looking forward to spending this Wednesday at Hey Lucy's with Kristen and Tessa. We have been trying to get together on a Wednesday for a long time, and this date has been in my planner for a few weeks now. Hopefully Kiyomi can come too and we can celebrate her birthday. Danielle might come too and maybe even Noah and Jason. Could turn into a big gathering!

The reason we are looking to go on a Wednesday is that their normally $9 martinis are only $4.50.

I was telling my mom this and she told me that her and Dad went their once before or after going to the theater. (Hey Lucy's is in the Entertainment District near all the major Toronto theaters.) Well, I gather that my dad got very excited about the 1/2 price martinis (I don't know if they went on a Wednesday, but the deal is also available every day before 5pm.) Anyway, unfortunately, my dad saw the $4.50 price at the top of the menu and must not have read very closely after hearing that it was 50% off, so he assumed that it was half off that price, and therefore $2.25. Well, I guess he was pretty surprised when the bill came. I can't imagine a drink in Toronto ever being less than $3!

No comments: