Tuesday 13 May 2014

Bu-Bye BMO

Yesterday I closed down my Bank of Montreal account. Now I am only left with accounts in Tangerine, formerly known as ING Direct. It is strange to be solely relying on direct banking. (From Wiki: A direct bank is a bank without any branch network that offers its services remotely via online banking and telephone banking and may also provides access via ATMs through interbank network alliances, mail and mobile. By eliminating the costs associated with bank branches, direct banks can make significant savings which they may pass on to clients via higher interest rates or lower service charges.) My main, and only, reason for the full switch over is cost. I couldn't justify paying a monthly fee for my account at BMO when I didn't have to with Tangerine. I found out while I was there that I opened my bank account in November of 1995, I was 11 years old. It was sad to leave, but it is important to me to save the monthly charge.

No comments: