Sunday 13 April 2014

The Last Photo

Sunday Mornin' Coming Down - A post about my Dad each Sunday, named after a song that he loved.

This is one of the last photos taken of my dad. It was during the cruise that he and Mom went on in early November last year down the west side of the USA and through the Caribbean. They are on the island of Curaçao with their cruise boat behind them. At the time they thought they were taking a 'selfie' though since they used the camera's self timer I wouldn't really consider it one. (For me 'selfies' are taken in mirrors or with the camera held at arms length and anything with a timer would be a self portrait.) Anyway, I doubt that is truly was the last time that Dad's smiling face was in front of a camera; I don't know if back in Canada there wasn't a photo or two and it isn't as though I have gone through my parent's pictures from the trip to identify the last one he is in by date/time. However, when we were picking out photos to print for the funeral and wake my mom identified this one as a favourite from the cruise and that it would have been one of the last/most recent times a picture was taken of him. It is a nice shot, he was a very photogenic person.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a great photo! Both of your parents look great and so happy.

- Teri