Sunday 6 April 2014

Only Time For Photos

I had plans to write a nice long post about today, what we had planned to do and what we ended up doing (turned out to be pretty different.) However, it is 11:30pm here; Jason and I are planning to take a Midnight Thirty bus ride down the Champs-Elysees to see the lights and Arc de Triomphe. I need to get this update out quickly and then we need to use the Metro to make our way south (we are staying in a hotel tonight, that is a little north of the Opera.) I thought I would just put up some pictures to give you an idea about our day (all photos by me):

An Early Start To Our Day
Sitting On Pont Neuf, The Oldest Standing Bridge In Paris (1607)
Quickly learning that I can't look good at 8:00am
But that I am still better than Jason at taking selfies.

Sunday Is A Quiet Morning To Walk Beside The Seine
With Someone I Love, In Paris
I am not a morning person, but the lack of people is really nice.

The Eiffel Tower Shot From Inside Musee d'Orsay,
Art From 1848 to 1914 In A Railway Station Built In 1900
It was free to get in seeing that it was the first Sunday of the month
and yes, we waited in that line, it took over an hour.

Contemplating His Girlfriend's Love Of Impressionist Art
Jason might be regretting only taking Grade 9 French in High School
but I am pretty sure he doesn't regret not taking art.

Jason, Who Is A Canadian And Wearing My Backpack, 
Heading Toward Notre-Dame
Inside I lit a candle, 
I always light a candle inside churches that let you do so.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that picture of the Seine! I might ask for a print of that and put it up in our house if you will allow it.

Two is actually starting to warm up to me. Sometimes she even chooses me over Greg!

Love,
Teri