Tuesday 22 April 2014

Blogs About Babies

FIRST
I am not ready to have kids, not even close! (This will not be a shock to most people.) My cousin posted a link to a blog post on my aunt's Facebook wall, which loosely compares getting a tattoo to having a baby. I think she posted it more because of the tattoo aspect, as she is much younger than me and I am pretty sure not having children any time soon. However, the post is pretty funny and the message is a good one - Be sure you want it! (I actually am considering getting both a second and third tattoo in the next couple of years but kids are still way off.)

from The Ugly Volvo

Highlight: #4 - A tattoo will ruin your body. It totally will, right? Also what will sort of ruin it is carrying another human inside your body for the better part of a year and then pushing it out an opening ten centimeters wide and then attempting to breastfeed it. Followed by the stress of trying to raise it to adulthood. Let me know if doing all that ruins your body any more or less than the butterfly on the small of your back.


SECOND
I have to admit that kids are cute. I love all babies universally when they are super tiny and blob-like, as long as they are not crying. After a child learns to crawl, walk, talk, etc. I am a little more weary and like to wait about 13 years or so before interacting with them again. My affection towards children is still limited to a select few kids. More and more people close to me have them and it is nice to see these wonderful families grow. Taylor mentioned this next list on Facebook as, "Lochlan in a blog post..." It is brilliantly written and hilarious, I have seen toddlers do all of these things!

from Terribleminds
by Chuck Wendig

Highlight: #2 - Their Rules are Labyrinthine and Inexplicable. Watching a toddler is like watching an alien creature build some kind of extraterrestrial machine. It’s like watching ritually-peculiar Druid magic, or the interpretive dance of a sentient spam-bot. Our boy-human will put on an Indiana Jones hat and start calling himself “Nemo.” He’ll hand you things and then demand you hold them and if you try to give them back you’ve broken some ancient changeling contract. He’ll require a very particular truck and if you hand him one that is 95% the same truck, he’ll actually hate you — like, maybe literally hate you — for at least two minutes. (Then he’ll forget.) He’ll place things around the room or perform a sequence of events that, for all you know, is meant to unlock some kind of apocalypse. It’s methodical and maddening, like a bird building a nest out of watch parts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for you have to children Chris.... Mainly because I think your blog will shift from cute/funny stories about Two to cute/funny adventures of parenthood. Endless writing material....

Love t