Sunday 23 March 2014

My List

Sunday Mornin' Coming Down - A post about my Dad each Sunday, named after a song that he loved.

------------ from Facebook

I am sure you have seen this list as an image on someone's Facebook status, or a variation there of. I never share it (partly because I never do the "share this if..." thing and partly because, while heartbreaking, it doesn't really apply to me.)

At 6 years - "Mommy, I love you."
At 19 years - "Mom, whatever."
At 16 years - "My Mom is so annoying."
At 18 years - "I wanna leave this house."
At 25 years - "Mom, you were right."
At 30 years - "I want to go to Mom's house."
At 50 years - "I don't wanna lose my Mom."
At 70 years - "I would give up Everything for my Mom to be here with me."

------------- from Me

This would be more accurate.

At 5 years - "I love you Daddy!"
At 7 years - "Dad. Daddy. DAD. Dad. Look at me. Dad."
At 8 years - "Dad, will you play with me?"
At 10 years - "Daddy, what do you think?"
At 12 years - "My Dad is SO embarrassing."
At 13 years - "I hate you!"
At 15 years - "My Dad is awesome."
At 17 years - "I want to move as far away as possible."
At 19 years - "Can't wait for my Dad to visit."
At 21 years - "Daddy, can you come help me move?"
At 22 years - "Can I borrow some money?"
At 23 years - "You don't understand me Dad!"
At 25 years - "I miss my Dad, going to move back closer to my parents."
At 26 years - "Can you give me some advice Daddy?"
At 27 years - "I want to talk to my Dad about it first."
At 28 years - "Daddy, can you help me with this?"
At 29 years - "I don't understand this Daddy. My heart is broken. I would do ANYTHING to have my Dad back! I miss him so much, everyday."

For all years, forever - "I love you Dad."

No comments: