Sunday 23 March 2014

A Friday Surprise

Friday was a rough day (I know that I am a little late posting about this seeing that it is Sunday but I have been dealing with a cold.)

1 - It was a Board Meeting, which anyone in not-for-profits can tell you, means a stressful event. Our board in particular is a mess at the moment so it is a super stressful day.

2 - I had to go get dental work done. I knew it was going to be a filling, what I didn't know was that it was going to be three and a full mouth of freezing and a lot of needles to do so.

3 - I had just gotten the cold that I am still battling. It wasn't bad on Friday and my plan had been to rest all weekend to rejuvenate. So, I pumped myself full of medication and felt foggy but fine. (Advil Cold & Sinus is the greatest - thanks to Kristen for showing me its wonders.)

Surprise - After my lunch time dentist appointment I ended up going home because my mouth was so frozen I was at risk of drooling on my work computer. I got a call in the afternoon from Jason saying that he wanted to come to Paris too! I called to check with my mom, and she was excited by the idea - the more the merrier. He got the go ahead from his boss, found a cheap plane ticket, and booked! 

No comments: