Tuesday 18 October 2011

Binx's Frame

I have been planning to put together a frame (actually a shadow box) for Binx for a long while. I finally gathered all the pieces for it tonight and it is now hanging in my bathroom.

Binx's Frame
As you can see it has her red collar, various black cat things I have gathered over the years, pictures, a broach/pin, and a little plaque. It hangs in the bathroom above the radiator where she spent a lot of her time at Bayit lying under, and startling Kristen most mornings.

Plaque Close-Up
I had two small plaques made. I did not ask/pay for her remains, so instead this is how I am choosing to honour her. One of the plaques is on the beam in my parent's room at The Cottage, facing out the window to the beach and walkway (with a view of all the dogs being walked.) The other is in the frame which will move around with me. They are identical and read:
BINX Rhrr "RapKat" Sweeton
RIP Baby Girl 1995-2011
Special Thanks: My parents for allowing me to put the second plaque up at The Cottage. Julia for the frame, which was a Christmas gift. My aunt for the pin, which she gave me years and years ago. Steph for the photographs, which she obviously took but also printed for me.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks great and I think it is the perfect way to memoralize Binx-Binx.

Anonymous said...

looks good
mum

Anonymous said...

I like it :)

Teri

Erin said...

What a good idea, it looks very well put together.