Tuesday 8 March 2011

A Light From The Heavens

You know in the movies when the clouds part and light shines down on the item that the hero is looking for and there is always that "aaaaaaaaaa" sound that accompanies it? Well, I had a moment exactly like that today. On my way back from campus I was trying to figure out how I was going to get all these little chores done that I had to do on my way home. My biggest concern was picking up some 5 Hour Energy Shots, but I was struggling to figure out where to find them and how to get there. I don't like the taste of coffee and it makes me feel sick, so when I need to stay awake I have always struggled, until JennB showed me these little things. I have always enjoyed the alertness that comes with energy drinks, but often they are large and taste terrible, these are tiny and taste fine. It is like a miracle drink, note the devine theme here, and I need some for this week. Anyway, as the escalator took me down into the AMC building at Young and Dundas I was pondering the question as to which store on my way home would sell them: Shoppers, Loblaws, Busy Bee... When suddenly the clutter of urban infrastructure dissipated as I descended past...tv screens, advertising, pipes, ducts, stairways, banners.... Then, lo and behold, right in my line of sight was a huge display in front of the small newspaper stand on my way to the subway, bright and orange and featuring all the flavours, including a new Extra Strength one that I'm excited to try. Cue the music, "aaaaaaaaaaa," the heroine has found what she was looking for.

1 comment:

Erin said...

If you need a little pick-me-up, green tea is caffeinated. Also an apple has the same amount of energy as a small cup of coffee.