Friday 4 February 2011

III

I am ill and injured. (I also love that in the title 'ill' looks like the roman numeral for 3.) As I was heading to bed last (Wednesday) night I could feel a tickle in my throat and thought, "Oh, this is not going to end well." Sure enough, I woke up with a killer sore throat, coupled with a cold/cough which meant sneezing and coughing that hurt the throat even more. Even though the sore throat was the worst one I've had in a while, I still would normally take some cold medicine and carry on my way.

However, there was an added issue. I somehow injured myself. I would love to blame my personal trainer who made me do all kinds of new leg exercises on Tuesday, but the day after, on Wednesday morning, I was sore but not horribly so. Since I was feeling a little sore, I decided that on Wednesday I would do a hot yoga class. I have taken a few of these in Ottawa and a few more at the gym here in Toronto. The warm room is great for the muscles and yoga is both a nice work out challenge and a good stretch. I figured it would be perfect for my sore legs, arms, and core. It was a different teacher than I had before and the class was much more challenging than I'm used to. It was awesome and an amazing workout, but I must have done some serious damage to my legs because I woke up the next morning and couldn't straighten them. I was in excruciating pain. It was bad!

So ill and injured, I stayed home today. Hoping to heal I slept a lot and drank a ton of water. I feel like my legs are loosening up, but I still can't fully straighten them and have been wandering around Rrunuv Bayit like an old man. The cold is passing through and I will just take a pile of pills tomorrow to get me by.

No comments: