Monday 31 January 2011

Have Car - Will Drive - Episode Two

The one where the light goes on...

Something happened to me today that has never happened in The Toy, and I can't even recall it happening in any other vehicle I was driving. The gas light went on! I have been a passenger in cars when it has been on, but never driving. While I never say anything, I always feel a little smug - Oh, I would never let that happen, never let it get past half. I might even consider the frequent saying that cars run better on a full tank or think that often the gauge is not precise and half usually means less than half. I have never let a tank get even close to the 'light' stage. I actually didn't even recognize it at first. I can recall seeing the gas light in other vehicles and it appeared in a separate area and looked like a little symbol of a gas pump. The Toy's isn't as cool, it is simply a small yellow oval right below the E for Empty. I have no idea how long you can drive with it on, as I say for the millionth time, I have never let that happen before!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Every car is different, and I wouldn't bank on it in an older car, but usually I saw about 40 km with the light on. Mine comes on all the time because I'm cheap. hahaha.

Anonymous said...

Hope you did something fast
Mum

Unknown said...

haha!! We see that light about once every two or three months - more in the winter because it is too cold and I don't want to stand outside while I fill it up!!

I know for a fact that I can get to work and then home again and most of the way back into work again the next day with the gas light on...it has been really cold lately.

Anonymous said...

Haha that's interesting, because you seemed so nonchalant about it last night. So I thought it happened to you often and you didn't care.

- Teri