Friday 24 December 2010

Almost Done

I'm on my way back to Toronto and I have three last minute gifts to buy at The Eaton's Centre, all gift cards so I'm hoping it is quick.

CBC News

Last-minute holiday shopping will peak Christmas Eve afternoon, according to Canada's largest debit and credit card transaction company. Moneris Solutions expects there will be 400 transactions per second on Dec. 24 between 1 and 2 p.m. ET, as shoppers hit the stores one last time before Christmas Day. That works out to be 24,000 debit and credit transactions per minute.

The payment processing company said Dec. 23 was the biggest overall consumer day of the year, as it's the last full day of shopping before Christmas Day and stores often stay open later. But in terms of sheer volume of transactions, Christmas Eve afternoon will be even busier, as last-minute shoppers look to grab their last gifts before stores close.

1 comment:

Jannedals said...

did all my shopping dec.24, hah